Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Monday, April 23, 2012

[ENG+CHI TRANS] 120418 Excite Music Interview

[ENGLISH TRANSLATION] by @jh_ly

Excite: The new song『NEVERLAND』is a powerful song. Jonghun also participated in composing. What ideas did you base (the song) on to produce it?

JH: Actually I wanted to combine (music) styles that I like and produce a song. The melody and combination of instruments are great, I like it too.

Excite: When listening to it for the first time, what were the impressions of the members?

MH: I felt like, "This is a feeling from the past." It is a style that we have never done before. Especially when performing it, I felt that it has become even more dynamic, a more powerful feeling.

SH: The guitar, too. It is something that has never been done before, a first time we are doing this tuning. Because it is different from (our) normal style, so I feel that when we are performing, this will be an enjoyable piece.

JJ: I always need to spend a lot of time to memorise lyrics. It is the same for this time. Jonghun hyung's compositing style and melody both have a very unique feel, so I spent an even longer time than before. When I first listened to it, I felt, "This song is very difficult". I have to put in a lot of effort just to remember it, but I like it now. It is a great song.

HG: When I first heard this song, I also didn't know how the feeling (of the song) would turn out to be like. But after I listened to the demo,  I felt, "If this song was to be sung with my style, it would definitely change into something completely different," so I told Jonghun: "I want to sing this song handsomely." It is a great song!

Excite: The lyrics contain uncommonly used phrases in conversations, and also some rigid and difficult terms, right? There are many kanji (Note: Chinese characters in Japanese language) too. In reality, when you are singing, how do you insert your emotions?

HG: Although there are many kanji, we made use of translations to understand the full meaning, so it isn't that difficult actually. I also feel that the lyrics and contents of the anime fit nicely. I thought about the "meaning" of the lyrics to sing it out.

Excite:ONZUMA』is Mr Leiji Matsumoto's creation. When I went to Korea in the past, I turned on the television and I saw 『Galaxy Express 999』showing. "Ah! Maetel (Note: Maetel is the female character in Galaxy Express 999) is speaking in Korean!" I had this experience. (laughs)

JH: We were the opposite: when (watching anime) in Japan, we thought, "Ah! Maetel is speaking in Japanese! -laughs- I think this is also a famous work in Korea. I watched it all, am a big fan. Therefore, to be undertaking Mr Leiji Matsumoto's work's main theme song, I am really happy.

HG: Today's kids may not know, but those Koreans, who are similar in age with us, watched these while growing up. We always thought that it was a Korean anime. Just like『Crayon Shinchan』, we also thought it was Korean animation.

Excite: If I didn't recall incorrectly, 『Monster Man Behm』and others were broadcasted in Korea too?

HG: You know about 『Monster Man Behm』too!? It really is a Japanese anime. Jonghun and I know (about it), but the other 3 don't. Monster Man Behm, Bella, Belo; I really like them!

MH: In Korea, it is broadcasted in Korean language, so we always thought it was a Korean animation. Aye, even 『Sailormoon』is a Japanese animation? 『Go! Anpanman』too!? Really......!?

Excite: (laughs) Are the characters' names changed to Korean names too?

HG: 'Maetel' is English, so 'Maetel' is directly used; but the male character (Tetsuro Hoshino) is called 喬利 (Note: Takashi-li or Kyori).

JH: Is the theme song the same? In Korea it is ...

Everyone: ~♪ (sings in Korean)

Excite: It is the same. (laughs) Although the country is different, it feels like watching the same works as we grow gives us deep emotions. So in the lyrics of『NEVERLAND』, There's this line, <いつか正しい世界へ君を連れて行くから>(Trans: One day I will bring you to the right world). This line left a deep impression. From this phrase, '正しい世界' (Trans: The right world), what surfaces in your minds?

HG: "My world". (laughs) That is a perfect world!

JJ: (laughs) I will feel like, "This really links up with the animation", right? This animation,『ONZUMA』is an animation where in the process of traveling within the universe, fights and all, a story that searches for peace, is it not? So I feel that a peaceful world without war must be a correct world.

HG: ONZUMA is a bad thing. It is for its arrest that people exist, right? So I think, a world without ONZUMA is the right world.

Excite: I see. It is really a song with fast pace and charm, so I anticipate listening to the live performance. 

HG: We anticipate it too!

Excite: The second song in the single, 『WANNA GO』also feels like it is a song that can bring up the atmosphere in a concert. It was written and composed by Seunghyun and Minhwan composed too. What was the main emphasis you focused on to create this?

MH: When we were making this song, we were only imagining a song that can bring up the atmosphere in a concert. All in all, using a fast rhythm, we thought, "How can we make it high?" and created it.

SH: When composing, Hongki-san told us, "Ah, I like this song!".

MH: Yes, from the toilet, he told us, "Fighting!" (laughs)

HG: When I was in the toilet, they let me listen to this song. (laughs) Although I heard the incomplete song, but the fast rhythm was great. I then said, "I like this. This component and this component should be modified. Go and think more about it and won't it turn into an even more HIGH song?"

MH: It was smooth when recording it, it ended even faster than normal.

Excite: Oh, so it's like this. Following is the third song, 『YUKI』, where there is a huge change in atmosphere. It is a calm song. It is a song that you don't mind listening to repeatedly, right? 

HG: This time, I like the songs that these 2 created. I really feel like (they) have grown up. If『YUKI』were to be released in winter, it would be a great song, right? It is full of emotions. I really like all 3 songs in the single this time.

MH: It is the first time Hongki hyung said to me, "You... did well." Really very happy. In the past, I was told, "Continue to work harder!" Only this time, he said, "Ah, this is good."

Excite: Why do you think there is this growth? 

MH: Because I am an adult now. (laughs) My ability is also slowly becoming closer to that of a grown-up, I think.

Excite: Jonghun-san, from the perspective of the leader, what do you make of the growth of the band? 

JH: Although we are still a young band, we have a huge future ahead, and our dreams are big. We still need to build up and accumulate our ability. I feel that in future, the road to maintain this growth is still long. I think that experience on the stage should be the link to our growth. Everytime we complete a performance on stage, we will feel that we have grown.

JJ: This is true in Korea and Japan, and we have been given opportunities to meet many powerful people. Now that we have officially debuted, we have met many powerful music arrangers, instrumentalist seniors; seen many things and situations; experienced many feelings like "Oh, there's this thing!" and "This is awesome!" in the process...... I feel that these are impactful towards our growth.

HG: I feel that "experience" is linked to growth. I need to use my voice to perform, so I want to have many different experiences in Korea and Japan.

//

[CHINESE TRANSLATION] by @MylovelyFT

Excite:新曲「NEVERLAND」是首很有氣勢的歌曲呢。鐘訓也參加了作曲,是以什麼樣的想法作出來的呢? 

鐘訓:原本是將自己喜愛的風格作各種組合後,作出來的歌曲。 旋律與樂器協調得很棒,我自己也很喜歡。 

Excite:初次聽到的時候,成員們有什麼印象呢? 

敏煥:覺得「跟以往的感覺很不同阿」。 是之前我們從未做過的曲風呢。 特別是演奏的時候,我覺得變得更加動態、更有powerful的感覺了。

承炫:吉他也是,是之前沒做過,第一次嘗試的調諧。 因為跟平常的感覺很不一樣,所以我覺得是在表演的時候,會很愉快的曲子。

在真:我是總是要花很長的時間才記的住曲的那種,這次也是, 鐘訓哥的作曲風格跟旋律都有很獨特的感覺, 所以花了比以往更長的時間呢。 雖然剛開始聽到的時候,覺得「這個曲好難阿」 光要記住就得花很多精力了, 但是現在很喜歡。是超棒的曲子。

洪基:我第一次聽到的時候,也是完全不知道會變成怎樣的氣氛。 不過聽了導唱之後, 覺得「如果這首歌用我的風格唱的話,一定會變得完全不一樣」, 就跟鍾訓說:「我要把這首歌唱得很帥氣!」 是很棒的曲子! 

Excite:歌詞是不太會在平常會話中使用的用語, 也有出現一些有點生硬的比較難的詞對吧。漢字也很多。 實際上在配唱的時候,是如何注入情感的呢? 

洪基:雖然漢字確實很多,不過有透過翻譯了解全部的意思了,所以其實沒那麼難。 也認為歌詞跟動畫內容有連結上,是邊想著歌詞的”意義”唱出來的。 

Excite:『ONZUMA』是松本零士先生的作品, 我以前去韓國的時候,一打開電視,就看到在播放『銀河鉄道999』, 「阿!梅德爾在用韓文說話耶」有過這個很驚訝的經驗(笑) 

鍾訓:我們是反過來在日本(看到的時候)想說「阿、梅德爾在用日文說話耶!」(笑) 我想這在韓國也是很有名的作品呦。我全部都有看過了,是大粉絲呢。 所以,能擔當松本零士先生的作品的主題曲,真的很開心。

洪基:現在的小孩可能不知道,不過跟我們差不多年紀的韓國人,小時候都是看那個長大的喔。 我們之前都一直以為是韓國的漫畫。 就像『蠟筆小新』也以為是韓國的動畫。 

Excite:如果記得沒錯的話,『妖怪人間貝姆』等在韓國也有播出吧? 

洪基:你也知道『妖怪人間~』喔!? 果然也是日本的動畫阿。 鍾訓跟我是知道,其他3個人都不知道呢。 妖怪人間貝姆、貝拉、貝羅、真的很喜歡呢!

敏煥:在韓國是用韓語播放的,所以以為是韓國的動畫。 咦、『美少女戰士』也是日本的動畫嗎?『麵包超人』也是!?真的嗎……!? 

Excite:(笑)。角色的名稱也會改成韓國人的名字嗎? 

洪基:梅德爾是英文,所以直接用梅德爾, 但是男生(星野鉄郎)在韓國是叫喬利。

鍾訓:那主題歌也是一樣的嗎?在韓國是…… 

全員:~♪(用韓文合唱)

Excite:是一樣的呢(笑)。 雖然國家不同,但是看相同作品長大的,總覺得感慨很深呢。 那麼,在「NEVERLAND」的歌詞中, 有<いつか正しい世界へ君を連れて行くから>(中文:總有一天會帶你去正確的世界)這句印象深刻的歌詞, 自“正しい世界”(中文:正確的世界)這個詞, 腦中會浮現什麼呢? 

洪基:” 我的世界“(笑)。那是一個完美的世界!

在真:(笑)。會覺得「真的是跟動畫有聯繫到阿」對吧。 『ONZUMA』這部動畫是個在宇宙間旅行的過程中,經過爭吵等,去尋找和平的故事不是嗎? 所以,我覺得沒有戰爭的和平的世界,一定就是正確的世界。

洪基:ONZUMA是個壞東西,大家都想逮捕他這樣的存在對吧? 所以我想,沒有ONZUMA的世界就是正確的世界。 

Excite:原來如此。真的是首有速度感又帥氣的歌,所以很期待聽到現場演唱呢。 

洪基:我們也很期待! 

Excite:單曲的第二首歌「WANNA GO」也感覺是很能炒熱演唱會氣氛的歌呢。 由承炫的作詞・作曲,在加上敏換的作曲。 是重視哪一點而作出來的呢? 

敏煥:在做這首的時候,只是想像是能在演唱會上炒熱氣氛的歌曲。 總之是用快速的節奏,邊想著「怎樣的才HIGH?」而做出來的。

承炫:作曲的時候,洪基桑對我們說了「阿,這個曲我喜歡!」呦。 敏煥:對,從廁所裡對我們說「加油阿」(笑)。

洪基:在我去廁所的時候,讓我聽了這首曲(笑)。 雖然聽的是還沒完成的歌,但是快節奏超棒的。 我就說了「我喜歡這個。這個部分跟這個部分修改一下,再想想看不就會變成更HIGH的歌了嗎?」 敏煥:錄音的時候也很順利,比平常快結束呢。 

Excite:是這樣阿。接下來第三首的「YUKI」又是氣氛一轉,是很沉靜的曲子。很耐聽的歌對吧。 

洪基:這次這2個人作的曲,都很喜歡。 真的覺得(他們)成長了啊。 「YUKI」如果在冬天發行的話,是很棒的歌對吧。很有感情。 這次的單曲3首歌我全部都很喜歡。

敏煥:洪基哥第一次對我說:「你、做的很好嘛」真的很開心。 以往都是被說:「在加油吧!」只有這次是說:「阿,很好呢」。 

Excite:你覺得是為什麼會有這樣的成長呢? 

敏煥:因為我是成人了(笑)。 實力也一點一點的接近成人了吧我想。 

Excite:鍾訓桑以隊長的角度來看,對樂團的成長有什麼看法? 

鍾訓:雖然還只是個年輕的樂團,但是有著大大的未來、夢想也很遠大。 實力也還需要繼續累積,我覺得之後持續成長下去的路還很長呢。 我覺得在舞台上的經驗應該就是跟成長有關連的吧。 每次完成舞台表演後,都會感覺到成長喔。

在真:在韓國也是、日本也是,我們都有能見到很多很厲害的人們的機會。 現在也正式出道了,遇見了很多厲害的編曲者、樂器手的前輩, 見到了各種事物,「也有這種東西阿!」「這個真棒!」在感受著這些中渡過 …… 我覺得這些對我們的成長應該也有些影響吧。

洪基:我覺得是”經驗”跟成長有關吧。 我必須用自己的聲音來表現, 所以想在韓國、在日本都能有更多更多各種不同的經驗。

//

Interview taken from original site:
http://www.excite.co.jp/music/close_up/interview/1204_ftisland/?lead=1

JAPANESE-CHINESE TRANSLATION: Credits to @MylovelyFT
CHINESE-ENGLISH TRANSLATION: Credits to @jh_ly

Please take out with full credits. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment