Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Friday, January 18, 2013

[BLOGPOST部落格文] The Truth. 真相。

WARNING: 100% HONEST POST. 
DON'T READ IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH.

((**中文版在下半部份))

For the first time since this blog started, I will use it to write some of my inner thoughts. It won't be a common occurrence, rest assured, but I think it is high time to explain what is happening.

Some people are concerned, some are angry, some are nonchalant and some are just being nosy. Whatever your reason for reading this, I don't care, and I will not ask. However, I would like to hear opinions at the end of this post, because this issue has cost me a lot of emotional time and lots of urging from friends to finally decide to do something about it.

Maybe at the end of this post, some people will hate me. But you know what? I'm not here for the popularity contest. It's fine with me if you hate me, talk behind my back or whatever, alright? It's a free world anyway.

Because at the end of the day, all that I've done is for FTISLAND.

Let me explain a little about myself and why I started translating for non-Chinese Primadonnas.

I'm a normal human being. I struggle with the same things as most of you: juggling studies, friendships, fandom, work and so on. A few years ago, someone introduced me to FT ISLAND by some stroke of luck and I was hooked right away. Until now, I've always been in the fandom even if my personal friends have all long deserted k-pop. Because I was in this fandom while they were in the bigger fandoms, I was alone, and I started off knowing no one. NO ONE.

Yes, you heard me right. Every single one of my friends were made only after I had joined into the Pentastick-waving troupe.

But because some of these Primadonnas are so nice to me, I decided to help out. I was able to read Chinese and understand properly, and so I started out by translating some fan accounts for my friends who were unable to understand Chinese. These were all done in private.

Slowly, I decided to help out some other people on my tlist who were not following my private account: I posted those translations onto my public account. And suddenly...

BAM.

My phone was spammed with mentions, retweets and so on. All of which was nothing I had expected. (Believe it or not =.=)

It began to escalate as magazine interviews, videos, news reports, etc., came and I felt like I wanted to translate for those people who didn't read Chinese. Slowly, the translation output became quite heavy and there was a point when I needed to carefully scrutinize and sift out those which were relatively irrelevant.

That's now besides the point.

The important thing about translations is that YOU DON'T OWN THE ORIGINALS. Moreover, if I translate from someone else, that someone has also done her part by spending time to read, understand and form complete sentences for the sake of others.

No matter what I (or anyone else, for that matter) translate, I always try to write the credits to the best of my ability. Because the problem of some people re-posting but always neglecting to write the credits, I've been frustrated. So in the recent months, I decided to type out the full credits below every translation I do, be it on my blog or on Twitter.

So even if there's some reason why anyone has to repost my translations, it really isn't too hard to copy-and-paste the credits (y'know, since you're already copying and pasting the translations, right?) onto wherever it's going.

You can call me a stickler, old-fashioned, a bitch or whatsoever. But I have my values. And I thought things were wrong enough for me to want to correct things.

About 70% of the time, I do translations from people whom I have genuinely tried to get to know. Some of them are really close to me, and so when I see that they are not given their justice, I get mad.

I believe EVERYONE would get mad at whoever bullies their friends, right? 

So to be honest, this issue about crediting (which did NOT begin from me, there were many other examples before me) applies to many things as well: PHOTOS, VIDEOS, etc.

I believe I've made my point. 

//

Q: WHY AM I WRITING THIS?

1. Because I want to make it known to as many people as I can, what I want. Don't take other people for granted. Not me, and definitely not the people who read something, found it interesting and wanted to share it.

2. If you think I'm here to shame anyone, that's not my point. As far as I'm concerned, I've removed all relevant online postings regarding this issue. I've collected enough data to shock many people, but I prefer to state everything properly here and NOT expose anyone. (And no, I'm not threatening anyone.)

Q: WHAT AM I GONNA DO FROM NOW ON? 

Continue translating the way I was.

Q: AREN'T YOU WORRIED THAT THEY WILL STEAL STUFF AGAIN? 

Quote a friend, "The Internet has its good side and bad side.. Even though (sic) if you know who stole it, what can you do..If they keep stealing your works, you couldn't do anything abt it, right.."

Yes. It's true. So now that I've made things clear with my full crediting, the person or people who still take translations without credits, you answer to your own conscience. Again, I will no longer pursue anyone who does such things. But beware, someone up there is watching you :)

//

CONCLUSION

  1. I will continue to translate, so decide for yourself whether you want to read or not. 
  2. You may also feel undisturbed by this post. Suit yourself. 
  3. If you feel that this post has offended you or your friends, or for what other reasons I cannot think of, and you want to iron things out with me, please feel free to leave a comment along with an email address where I can contact you. Oh, but if you're being unreasonable (ie bashing or whatsoever), I just might screenshot what is sent to me and show anyone who's interested. Just for fun.

If you feel that you want/need to voice an opinion OR that you have questions to ask, please leave a comment.
I'll get back to you as soon as I can.  

It's high time someone dared to speak up instead of suffer in silence. Why don't you try to be at the receiving end of all this? Perhaps then it'll strike you how painful it really is. 

Sincerely, 
Lynn (@jh_ly)

P/S: If you're my Twitter follower and you don't like how direct I am, please feel free to unfollow. I don't think I need to explain anything about my character to anyone. Thank you. 



中文版


警告: 100%誠實文章。
無能接受真相就請勿閱讀。

自從開辦這部落格以來,首次將利用它描述我內心想法。這將不會是常有的徵兆,放心,不過本人認為現在就是解釋事情來龍去麥的好時機。

有些人擔心,有些人生氣,有些人默不關心,而有些人就是愛八卦。隨便您想讀這篇文章理由是什麼 我不會管,也不會過問。這篇寫完之後,我希望聽取大家的意見,因為這件事確實費了我不少的情緒與朋友們的鼓勵才會因此這樣公開。

或許讀完這篇,某些人會憎恨我。不過您知道嗎?我打從一開始就不是來比人氣的。 隨便您要不要恨我、在我背後叉刀等。反正這世界是自由的。

因為由始至終 所做的一切都是屬於FTISLAND的。

請讓我介紹一下自己 還有為非中華PRIMADONNA開始翻譯。

我是個普通人。大家所擔憂的事情,我也會擔憂:同時把學業、友情、迷妹活動、工作等打理好。幾年前,因一點點運氣,有人介紹了FTISLAND給我 從此就迷上了。至今,我一直都是FTISLAND迷妹 雖然我自己的朋友都離開K-POP了。因為我對迷妹FT而他們屬於比較大型的飯團隊,因此我一直就是單槍匹馬的 一開始也沒認識任何人。根本無人。

對呀 您沒聽錯。每一位PRI朋友都是進入小黃旗團隊再慢慢認識的。

但因為數位PRI親對我很用心,我決定幫忙他們。因為我學過中文 理解能力也算OK 因此我開始翻譯一些有趣的後記給不會中文的朋友們。起初這些都只是私下弄的。

慢慢地,我決定幫助其他(沒發嘍我祕密帳戶的)推特親故:我把翻譯都一一PO上公共帳戶。然後就突然⋯

嗙。

電話不停地响,回覆啊RT啊等等。這一切都無曾在我的預料中。(信不信由您 =.=)

這一切的一切便隨著雜誌專訪、視頻、新聞報道等與日俱增 而我依然認為我想要為不識中文字的人翻譯。漸漸的,翻譯容量變成太沈重而我還必須慎重考慮那些報道該翻、哪些不該翻。

但那已並非重點。

翻譯這事最重要的一點就是原文完全不屬於你。更不用說的就是 我如果是從別人的翻譯開始翻,那中間的人也負了責任:他花了時間閱讀、理解、造句子 都是為了別人的。

不論我(或其他人)翻譯什麼,我一定會盡最大的努力來說明出處與翻譯者。因為有些人一直想吧我的翻譯複製了又重PO也忘了寫出處與翻譯者,所以我也苦惱了很久。為了避免更多如此的情況,我甚至把相關出處都打在翻譯裡 不論是在推特或部落格上。

所以即使因某些因素某人必須把翻譯複製又重PO,連同出處也一起複製大概也難不到哪裡對吧?(既然都複製翻譯了對吧?)

你可以叫我老古董還是什麼的。不過我堅持我的價值觀。還有就是我已經到達那種認為事情太過over的境界了 所以我想把所有事都更正。

其實翻譯來源大概70%都是來自已經搭訕過的人。有些還特別與我親近 所以每當我看到他們遭受到不公平的對待,我會生氣。

相信各位也會為遭受欺負的朋友而生氣對吧? 

所以說實在的,這盜譯事件(話說也不是從我而引起,在我之前都有好多例子)也當然會在其他事物上有相同的規律(如照片視頻等)。

我相信我已經說到重點了。 

//

問:為何寫這篇文章?

1. 因為我想告知大家,更多人知道我到底尋求什麼就最好。請別把別人當成是理所當然的。我不行,那其他把內容讀過了、覺得有趣的、想分享的人也不行。

2. 如果您認為我正在羞辱某人,那就看錯我重點了。對我而言,我已經自動刪除了所有相關這事件的網上文字等等。當然,我也收集了很多資料 足夠以嚇到很多很多人,不過我選擇先好好在這兒說 還有暴露任何人。(不,我不是在恐嚇任何人。)

問:往後會如何處理?

繼續以前的翻譯。

問:你不擔心他們還會盜譯嗎? 

朋友說了一句話:“網路有利也有弊。。即使你知道是誰偷了(翻譯),你還能怎樣。。就算他們一直盜譯,你也能耐他們如何。。

是的。是真的。所以既然我已經把我這裡的說清楚了,那些盜翻譯的人又不上出處或中間翻譯者,你們就最好是對得起自己的良心吧。還有,往後任何幹這種事的人 我也不會再追究了。不過你請注意喔,天上有人在盯著你唷 :)

//

結論

  1. 我會繼續翻譯 所以請您做好決定是否要繼續閱讀。
  2. 您也大可對這篇文章毫無感應。隨便您。
  3. 如果認為這篇文章冒犯了您或您的親故 或者是其他我想不到的原因,歡迎在下面留言並順便附上一個電子郵件地址 好讓我能與您連絡。噢,不過如果您蠻不講理,我可能會把寄給我的留言載下來給有興趣的人看。娛樂嘛。

如果認為需要發言意見 還是 有想問的問題,請留言。
我會盡快回復。

是時候某人敢於把心聲說出來了 不該是沈默中苦苦受難。不然您也試試看吧 遭受到這一切的一切?可能到時您才會明白這痛苦的滋味。

以上是, 
小林 (@jh_ly)

P/S: 如果您是我的推特發嘍者並討厭我為人直率,請自行取消發嘍。我認為我無須對任何人為我的個性辯解。謝謝。

2 comments:

  1. Hello) I'll start with the fact that I often go to your blog and I've always really interesting to read. I was surprised by the fact that one day I could not get to the blog. Thanks, now I can re-read it. ^ ^ I confess honestly, I use your writing, but not as much as you thought. I do not know if you can call it theft, I translate them into Russian and show their friends. I can say that I you really helping. Thank you for your hard work, I know how hard it is! Thank you, thank you, thank you!^^ Sincerely, Lola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your reply.
      I'm perfectly alright with you translating it, no worries. Just remember to credit yourself too, alright! :) Thank you very much for appreciating my work ^^ You're welcome too :)
      - Lynn

      Delete