Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Friday, August 10, 2012

[ENG TRANS] 120808 FTISLAND Excite Music Interview


PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^ 

EXCITE MUSIC: TOP SECRET songs and lyrics content give off an adult feeling, very fresh. Can you tell us what image came into your minds during the performance and the impression when you first heard the song? 

JH: The first time I heard it, I felt "This is really sexy". The melody is, of course, very important, but in TOP SECRET, the rhythm of the guitar and phrase are all important. FTISLAND had never before done this genre; although there may be some difficulty, I think this might become our future strength.

EXCITE MUSIC: I would like to think it was to show a different FTISLAND hence the challenge. Was there an uneasy feeling?

JH: No uneasiness, it's very interesting. You'll feel that, "We might be very suited for this sort of musical style", "We can go for this type of musical style too!". Although I don't know what sort of style of music we will meet in future, I am looking forward to it.

JJ: I really liked the repetitive guitar portion at the start. Isn't that sustained from the beginning all the way to the end? That became this song's image. When I was playing it, I felt like I became like the lyrics (meaning the character), my confidence went up. (laughs) There's a sexy and strong sense of grandeur.

MH: The first time I heard it, actually I thought it was a little frivolous. But after listening to it repeatedly many times, I started to become addicted. Truthfully, during the concert after the performance, it was more high than I imagined it to be, it felt like a natural atmosphere to meld into, it was really great. This time, we only performed a little of the chorus, I'd really like to quickly watch the whole song being performed. (Concert in question is【FTISLAND Summer Tour 2012 ~RUN! RUN! RUN!~】Saitama Super Arena.)

SH: I felt that TOP SECRET is a different style, an interesting song, meaningful to FTISLAND. At first it was a little difficult, but we're happy it's interesting. It's a song with the feeling of "I want to do it more". Jaejin hyung's rap is also very rare, so please be sure to listen to it. About the protagonist which appeared, I felt like he's a "very cool guy".

EXCITE MUSIC: Is he like you?

SH: Not like me; like Hongki hyung (laughs)

MH: Yes, it's 80% like Hongki hyung's character, right, image-wise. Although I honestly don't know what he's like personally. (laughs) To fully understand where your attraction lies...that sort of feeling. Very sexy, from the viewpoint of the opposite sex, he should be a character who is a dating expert.

EXCITE MUSIC: Then Minhwan you're a different character? 

MH: I will also work hard to change into that kind (laughs) You'll feel like becoming like that, right, like in the lyrics. But I'm not (that kind of person). (laughs)

EXCITE MUSIC: Dangerous men. Hongki-san, everyone points out that he's like you... 

HK: Yes, that's right! (laughs)

EXCITE MUSIC: (laughs) This is a mature musical style which was not in the past; with what image did you sing this? 

HK: He's a master of love, an image of a playboy who would date many girls at the same time. (laughs) There's an adult image, and a sexy feel, I want to be told, "FTISLAND has slightly become adults", that's how I finished this song.

JJ: This boy might be a master of love, but when he is to describe a dating situation, the moment when he meets a girl he likes, he cannot really feel the loss of time; I think that's the state.

JH: But he is a flighty character, right?

All: (laughs)

JJ: This part resembles Jonghun hyung (laughs).

JH: Thank you (laughs) But I think I am more suited to BELOVED, which is different from TOP SECRET. I like this sort of music.

EXCITE MUSIC: Conveying a touching idea, a beautiful ballad. Where there is a distinction between the singing parts, there was also active use of each unique voice, a perfect harmony in the world of the song. Jaejin also participated in the composition. 

JJ: In the past, when Hongki hyung sang my compositions, he sang differently in some parts from the emotions I envisioned, but this time, the sound of BELOVED's B Part was performed fully to my expectations.

HK: Very sexy, right?

JJ: I didn't think it was sexy. (laughs)

JH: Because I really like this song, I feel like singing.

HK: Jonghun, please play your guitar!

JH: Okay~ then let's sing it at the karaoke (laughs)

EXCITE MUSIC: HERE is with a light rhythm, an image of being in a wide space, a comfortable song. What is the main focus (that you want everyone) to know?

MH: After listening to HERE, you'll feel like you're flying through the air, very great, right? This song is the last song in this single: From the quick TOP SECRET as a starting point, then using BELOVED to go deeper within, and lastly HERE as a feeling of "escape". A process like this in a short time, it was properly kept within (the single), so as a (musical) work, I think this is a good presentation.

EXCITE MUSIC: After watching the final tour concert in Saitama Super Arena on July 8, I felt that the concert was a lot more centralized than before. Singing and performing and MC, it was all very touching. I think everyone felt it personally too. Let's recall, what do you think you've achieved through the tours? 

HK: This time, more than ever, from the preparatory stages of the concert, we had to communicate with the staff to meet all the demands of everyone. It was all decided with the members as the core. Of course, this is how a band should be like, but this time, we all wanted to do it our own way, thinking: Let's do it as we imagined it! Although it's tough, our relations with the staff has become deeper, it was a really good experience.

EXCITE MUSIC: Two years ago when we were gathering data, Hongki said, "I want to become a band which has good music, where people come to listen to the songs" and that left an impression on me. After a lot of growth, don't you now have the confidence of realising (that dream) through a tour? 

HK: I have the confidence, but I have the same sense of unease too... it's very tough. This is already, although I say it like this all the time, I think "From here onwards, that's the real beginning". From today onwards, we have to use our potential even more to move forwards. The concert setlist is also like this, composition and writing is also like this; we have to continue to rely on the works which we will create from our own strengths. In that way, although a lot of unease will be generated, we will think of this experience as a change, to continue working hard in the future.

EXCITE MUSIC: I will cheer you guys on! During the MC, Jonghun mysteriously cried. I'm very shocked, can you tell us why you cried? 

JH: This time was the largest venue by far, so it was also because of that part's pressure. ... During the final stage of the tour, on stage, I thought about during the 5 years, during our non-mainstream promotions until today's memories reappeared suddenly. I already cannot recall my feelings when I cried. But the tears just came like that...

EXCITE MUSIC: Then I'm relieved, then that was happy emotions? Or...?

JH: Ah, they weren't sorrowful tears! They were happy tears.

EXCITE MUSIC: Then lastly, if the distance to FTISLAND's end goal is 100, how much do you feel you've reached? 

MH: 50.

JH: 50... ish?

HK: Yup~about 50, I think.

EXCITE MUSIC: No one else is gonna give higher marks?

JJ: I'd say, 70?

SH: Me too.

HK: But isn't 70% too much? Should need to be more hardworking! Hardworking~! Jaejin, your bass sound, what the heck is that~! (Hongki playfully bullies Jaejin who's sitting next to him)

All: (laughs)

EXCITE MUSIC:(laughs) Then I'll anticipate your activeness in future.


ORIGINAL CHINESE TRANSLATIONS VIA @MylovelyFT 
URL link: http://twiffo.com/1dxx

No comments:

Post a Comment