Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Sunday, October 14, 2012

[ENG TRANS] 120609 FTISLAND PLAY! Bangkok press conference

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^


All: (In Thai) Hello everyone, we are FTISLAND.

First of all, congratulations for your 5th year debut anniversary which was yesterday (7 June).

All: Thank you.

Did you guys do something special before coming to Thailand? Can you please tell us what have you guys did at the 5th year anniversary party? And was it fun?

SH: We just celebrated with a party on 2nd June and it was very fun. Actually, recently we had a lot of schedules so we didn't have any chance to celebrate before coming here; so we will assume that the concert which will be held tomorrow is our debut anniversary party.

During these 5 years, how did all the members change?

JH: During these 5 years, there are many changes, for example our face and appearance, our style and we grew more matured. For our album there are lots of development in each and every year; and also if we had some problems or mistakes during the performance, we can fix the situation better than the past.

Who will fix the problem most of the time?

MH: FTISLAND is a band. When one of us makes a mistake, it will affect everyone. Before, if someone made a mistake, others will shout 'Eh~ That's wrong', but now we will help each other and continue playing like there's nothing wrong.

All these 5 years, FTISLAND always received support from Primadonnas. Is there any event that impressed you guys so much that you will never forget about it?

HK: I don't want to choose one event or person because every fan around the world is very important to us. When we go to different countries, the fans will greet us in a different way. Some strongly greet us, but some are shy, so I don't want to choose a specific one.

Do you have anything in your mind that you want to say?

SH: Minhwan has something to tell everyone.
MH: I think the number (of years) is not important, but the way we work together is very important and special to us. I want to thank all the fans who have always supported us during these 5 years, because if we didn't have our fans, there wouldn't be an FTISLAND. And thank you for liking and caring for FTISLAND; whether it's our songs or something we do, you guys cheer for us and you gave us your love. So I would like to thank all the fans.

Is there anything that you want to do but have not done in Thailand?

SH: Every time I come to Thailand, I see the ocean from the airplane. I once went to the beach in Thailand, but I didn't go sailing, so if there's a chance, I would like to chill at the beach, go sailing and fishing~
JH: Actually, if you go to any country and you go to the market, you will see the culture and lifestyle of that country. So I want to go to the market and find some delicious food to eat, and buy souvenirs for my friends.
JJ: I want to have Thai friends (of the same age). I want to know what people of the same age as me in Thailand do and how they live, so I want to have Thai friends.
HK: I have been to Thailand many times but only for work and I never go to anywhere. So I want to go on a tour around Thailand and buy stuff in the department store and also! I want to ride an elephant! If there's a chance, I will definitely go!!~
MH: Right now, Jonghun-hyung likes to tan himself, but I don't want to be tanned by the machine, so I want to go to the beach and tan myself.

Apart from the new album, is there anything that you guys are doing recently?

HK: Recently, our Seunghyun is preparing for the musical called 'Jack the Ripper'. I want everybody to watch the show because it's very fun and our Korean album will be released soon. We are working on the upcoming album now. Anyway, please continue to support us also... (when Hongki was speaking, he accidentally spoke Japanese) Sorry for speaking Japanese a while ago, because I just made a new Japanese friend before coming to Thailand, so I accidentally spoke Japanese.

I heard that Jonghun often tweets in Thai, like that time when there was flooding in Thailand, he showed concern about the Thai flooding and greeted Thai Primadonnas in Thai language which made the fans surprised and impressed. Do you have any technique on how to write proper Thai language?

JH: I have to thank Twitter a lot because if we are not of the same nationality, it's hard for us to communicate, but in this case, I can use Twitter to tell fans what I'm thinking or how I feel. I read the tweets that fans sent to me and I will ask them how I should answer to make the fans impressed. So the fans tell me and I copy and paste it and tweet it to all the fans once again. Because I used to translate using a translation machine, but it didn't make any sense, so I need to ask my fans for help and they always help me.

Are there any members who want to learn the Thai language seriously?

SH: I really want to learn the Thai language. Every time when I go to a different country, I always want to learn that country's language so that I can communicate with everyone. Since I come to Thailand frequently, I really want to learn Thai.

Are you guys still living in the same dormitory? Can you please tell us how you guys live and how you guys (are arranged in) separate rooms?

HK: We just moved into (a new) dormitory last Friday. I live with Jonghun and the other 3 dongsaengs live together. We live in the same building but on different floors. In the past, we lived in the same dorm for 7-8 years. That's quite long and when 5 men lived together, somehow it felt uncomfortable and there was no privacy, so we moved dorm not long ago and so we have more private time.

Then are there any strange sleeping habits of each member?

HK: Most of us don't have (strange sleeping habits) apart from Jaejin ...... When he's sleeping, he always moves and it always affects my sleeping, but after we moved dorm and were separated from each other, somehow I miss his sleeping habits, haha.

Who eats the most among the members? And how much does that person eat? Is there any technique in managing your body shape?

HK: (pointed at MH and then grabbed his own stomach) Actually, Minhwan isn't that skinny, there are fats which are invisible in his body. He eats the most among the members but he has lots of muscles in his arms and legs because he is the drummer and drummers need to use strength from their legs and arms. Also, Jonghunnie is exercising currently, so he is very fit. Seunghyun and Jaejin are thin from the beginning, and for me, I'm a bit fat, hahahahahaha.

Jonghun is currently building his muscles; is there any technique?

JH: There's not a technique, but when you are exercising you need to work hard for it so that you will have a fit body.

I heard that Jaejin and Minhwan cannot eat spicy food like Tom-Yam-Koong (Thai Spicy Clear Soup). Then what is your favorite dish when you come to Thailand?

JJ: (denies not being able to eat spicy food, so does Minhwan) I like to eat fried crab with curry powder and Pad-Thai (Thai Stir-Fried Rice Noodles).
HK: Noodles, noodles too~
MH: I also like fried crab with curry, but I cannot eat (things which are) too spicy although I like to eat spicy food =.=
JH: I love Tom-Yam-Koong very much. Fans always give me Mama (Thai Ramyun) with Tom-Yam-Koong flavor. I like to eat these when I am alone in the house.

It seems like Jaejin already ate Pad-Thai: how was it? And is there anything else you like?

JJ: I love both fried crab with curry and Pad-Thai. I also like to eat sweet sticky rice with mango and Thai fruits like mangosteen.

So now that you are in Thailand, have you had any of your favorite dishes yet?

HK: Not yet, because we don't have time but I cannot eat spicy Tom-Yam-Koong!

Then we will make a special non-spicy Tom-Yam-Koong for you.

HK: Hahaha, okay~~

No matter how many times FTISLAND come to Thailand, you guys always impress the fans. Is there anything special and different from before that you will bring for Thailand Primadonnas in the 2012 FTISLAND CONCERT PLAY! FTISLAND IN BANGKOK?

HK: Tomorrow's concert theme is 'FREESTYLE': You can do whatever you want and FTISLAND will do their best, but please do not take photos~

Are there any cool words which you want to tell Thai Primadonnas who are attending tomorrow's concert?

SH: I feel so excited and I couldn't sleep yesterday because of the excitement. I want tomorrow to arrive quickly~~~ And I always think about how should I play to make everyone enjoy with us and I hope there will be lot of fans attending the concert tomorrow :D
JJ: FTISLAND will do their best tomorrow so that there will be a smiling face on everyone's face so let's have fun tomorrow!
MH: I'll enjoy with you as much as I can tomorrow, if I don't faint before that. Then I'll do my best~~~
HK: I feel so excited~ tomorrow will be the best concert. We haven't come to Thailand for a long time so let's enjoy tomorrow as much as possible and you can bring anything tomorrow, except for your camera :] (Note: Cameras were not allowed in the concert)
JH: It's been a long time since I've come to Thailand; tomorrow will be the most fun and powerful concert ever. I don't want tomorrow's memories to be lost in time to come, so I will try to come to Thailand frequently.



ORIGINAL ARTICLE: http://www.asianbreakout.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=543:-ftisland-5-2012-ftisland-concert-play-ftisland-in-bangkok-primadonna-&catid=41:abokor&Itemid=2

THAI-ENG TRANSLATIONS BY @nerdywawa
EDITED BY @jh_ly

No comments:

Post a Comment