Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Friday, October 12, 2012

[ENG TRANS] FTISLAND《FIVE TREASURE BOX》Exclusive Interviews for Warner Music Taiwan

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS. THANK YOU ^^



All: Hello everyone, we are FTISLAND.
HK: I am Lee Hongki.
JH: I am Choi Jonghun. 
JJ: I am Lee Jaejin.
MH: I am Choi Minhwan.
SH: I am Song Seunghyun.

Q: What is the reason for this album to be named《FIVE TREASURE BOX》?

MH:《FIVE TREASURE BOX》is the name of FTISLAND's fourth album. In it, we have recorded many songs which we wrote and composed, like it's filled with many of our most precious treasures. So we have named it 《FIVE TREASURE BOX》

Q: Which songs in 《FIVE TREASURE BOX》did FTISLAND participate in creating?

SH: Minhwan and I worked on COMPASS's composition together. That song's feel is a bit sad. And there's also WANNA GO, right? Yes, there's also WANNA GO: That's a song that we created while recalling the innocent memories of high school.
JJ: The rhythm is very light-hearted, right?
SH: Yes, the rhythm is very light-hearted. It is also a song written while thinking about us FTISLAND running and jumping around on stage while having fun together with the fans. So the feeling is that this song is even more meaningful.
JJ: My composition piece is PAPER PLANE. There is the message of hope in it; I hope everyone will like it.
JH: The pieces I created are LIFE, LET IT GO and U. For LET IT GO, it's a rock-style song. The rhythm is also faster. The lyrics which I wrote are hoping that everyone will forget the past, a meaning of wanting to work together towards moving forward. LIFE was written by Hongki. What were the contents talking about?
HK: LIFE is talking about issues regarding life.
JH: Our career, life, LIFE.
HK: Don't hold on to the past.

Q: FTISLAND finally has many female hoobaes. How does it feel becoming elder brothers?

JJ: Of course we like it.
JH: Firstly, there are new members joining into our family. We feel very happy, feel that we want to take care of them, love them. But there isn't much time, so we can't interact often,  and get to know each other. I hope we can quickly (establish a relationship).
HK: The interaction you're talking about is...?
JH: I meant being able to chat.
HK: Ah~ Chat...
JH: I hope we can quickly become familiar with them, and establish sunbae-hoobae relations.

(Subbed by sifapri4fti @ Twitter; harta karun @ YT)

PART TWO

All: Hello everyone, we are FTISLAND.
HK: I am Lee Hongki.
JH: I am Choi Jonghun. 
JJ: I am Lee Jaejin.
MH: I am Choi Minhwan.
SH: I am Song Seunghyun.


Q: Who in FTISLAND takes care of the female hoobaes most?

JJ/SH/MH: Jonghun hyung, Jonghun hyung.
HK: To the female hoobaes? Jonghun, he ...
JJ: Really dotes on the female hoobaes.
HK: He hopes to not only be of a sunbae-hoobae relationship, but also wants to be friends with them.
JH: No, no, there’s no such thing.

Q: Amongst FTISLAND, who is the most popular amongst the female hoobaes?

HK: Me.
JH: That’s not true.
HK: I’m number one for the popularity vote.
JH: There’s no such thing.
HK: Is too! Is too, right?
JJ: When was it conducted?
HK: Previously, we did have a vote before.
JJ: It was only between us two, right?
JH: Haha, only between the two of you.
HK: No, there was a time we had a vote together with CNBLUE too. The result was that I’m first and Yonghwa second.
JJ: Aye~ That’s not accurate.
JH: Anyway, believe it or not, it’s up to everyone’s judgment.
HK: Jaejin-gun didn’t even have one vote.
JH: Not accurate. Let’s all vote again to confirm.

Q: Since FTISLAND is so busy, who’s the one taking care of the puppies PRI and MADONNA?

HK: When we go out to work, the puppies’ lunch are taken care of by my mother. Actually, I will accede to their timings and be at home for their breakfast and dinners. So when I go out or come home, I will clean up their wastes and then play with them. If I meet a situation when I need to do recordings overnight, I will bring them along to work.

Q: During the photoshoot for this album cover, you also brought your dogs along. Were there any interesting things that happened?

HK: They were super disobedient.
JH: Because the dogs are still young.
HK: Yes, because they are still young, so they are disobedient. I even used food to attract their attention. If only they would obediently look at the cameras, it would be good. But they wouldn’t look; they just ran all over the place. I could only use food to attract them before a decent shot could be taken.

Q: In the I WISH MV, everyone of FTISLAND had a love scene with the female lead. Did anything interesting happen in the midst of shooting?

HK: It would have been really nice if we had one female lead for each one of us.
JH: Yes, that was a pity. And then, Minhwan-gun’s expression was too much.
HK: Did you ask the production team before?
JH: Minhwan-gun’s expression was really too much.
MH: How did you know? You didn’t even see it.
JH: It was you yourself who said it. Say it yourself.
JJ: Why did you look “too much”?
MH: Because during acting, my face was very close to the female lead’s. Therefore the corner of my mouth kept shaking. It kept shaking here like this. The distance between us was too close, so I was like this. It made me very awkward.
JJ: It was very embarrassing.
HK: But Jonghun-gun acted really well. Are you privately like that?
JH: It was only exchanging of eye contact.
SH: But, you aren’t texting the female lead, right?
JH: What are you saying?

Q: Hongki has taken over the MC for a music programme. How are your feelings?

HK: Because I’ve always liked being an MC, so when I heard that I was going to be M Countdown’s MC, I felt nervous and unsettled? A feeling like I want to jump up. After a gap of three years, I received the job of an MC again, and it makes me feel that it’s interesting, and I’m happy.

(Subbed by sifapri4fti @ Twitter; harta karun @ YT)


All: Hello everyone, we are FTISLAND.
HK: I am Lee Hongki.
JH: I am Choi Jonghun. 
JJ: I am Lee Jaejin.
MH: I am Choi Minhwan.
SH: Song Seunghyun.


Q: Seunghyun participated in the musical, JACK THE RIPPER; what did you gain from there? 

HK: Hmm, is there?
SH: The greatest gain I got was self-confidence.
HK: Please stop gaining self-confidence!
SH: I gained self-confidence from it. Although I don't know whether there's any evidence, but I can believe in myself. Relying on this to hold on is a good thing. Right now, we're left with the Japanese performances. I hope that the remaining performances can end smoothly and that I can present a most charming side to the audience.
HK: Seunghyun-gun.
SH: Yes?
HK: Didn't you say you achieved self-confidence?
SH: Yes.
HK: Then what was it that happened during the Chuseok special?

Q: FTISLAND has debuted for five years. What are the new challenges which each one of you wishes to face in your career?

HK: I want to become a Rocker who has our band's colour.
JH: I want to practice composing more, and I want to create our title song.
HK: Jaejin-gun?
JJ: I want to practice writing and composing too. I hope we can create an album which comprises of entirely our works only.
HK: Minhwan?
MH: For me...
HK: You want to rest, right?
MH: I hope that I can earn more money. I also want to try more of composition and writing, to be recorded into our album, creating music which belongs to the five of us.

Q: What plans does FTISLAND have for the second half of 2012? 

HK: The second half of 2012 should be centered around concerts. It could be the Asia Tour or the Korean concert. Right now, we're actually carrying on with promotional activities with the title song, I WISH.

Q: Are there any special memories or stories of when the FTISLAND members were 17 years old?

HK: At that time, we were trainees, right?
JH: Right. All of our memories at 17 years old are all related to being a trainee.
JJ: I debuted when I was 17, so I have a deep impression of my memories of being 17.
HK: The TV programme! The one we filmed at 17 before we debuted. At that time, I felt very nervous and unsettled. When we debuted, Jaejin-gun was just nice, 17 years old. At that time, he was really popular.
JJ: The program you're talking about is "Wanna Be My Girlfriend?"
HK: That's right. Then, Minhwan at 17 years old was not really attention-grabbing.
JJ: Right.
HK: Right. He was less attention-grabbing in the eyes of the audience. Seunghyun-gun, when you were 17 years old, you saw us on the television before, right?
SH: I did.
HK: That's right.
JH: Everyone's memories are different: There's excitement, there's nervousness, and ...
HK: Disappointment, obstacles...
JH: Disappointment. And as the audience ...
SH: I am the audience. I am the viewpoint of the ordinary audience.

Q: What were the dreams of the FTISLAND members at 17 years old? 

HK: For me, it's the same as my dream now, to live for music.
MH: Dreams don't change with age. So it's the same.
HK: It'll still change, I guess?
JJ: If it changes, it wouldn't count as a dream, right?
JH: We were working hard to be trainees when we were 17 years old. And our dreams are all the same. Because we really wanted to create a band, so we kept moving towards this dream.

(Subbed by sifapri4fti @ Twitter; harta karun @ YT)

ORIGINAL CHINESE TRANSLATIONS VIA WARNER MUSIC TAIWAN
VIDEOS SUBBED BY @SIFAPRI4FTI 


PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS. THANK YOU ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment